Our modern cornice profiles
Each profile (with the exception of the 4 new “Steps” profiles) is simply glued directly to the ceiling with a minimal drop forming a series of ‘flats’ and simple angles as it projects across the ceiling. Our contemporary cornice has what we term as a ‘shadow gap’ at the meeting point to the wall. Not only does this give a wonderful floating illusion, but it also makes decoration or painting much easier and looks more professional. Being fixed flat against the ceiling (and with no complicated angles to think about) installation is about as basic as it is possible to be, whilst still fulfilling the function of covering over the wall/ceiling join.
Modern/Contemporary cornice range
Different projections are available ranging from the relatively small C360 to the hugely impressive C354 that looks as grand as any traditional cornice but is right up-to-date for 21st-century builds.
Typically these cornice designs look best in modern flats or conversions but can work equally well in a house that has been given a modern makeover. To really add dramatic effect, an uplighting cornice can also be installed on the wall, approximately 20cm below. The light being thrown up will really emphasise the beauty of the shape and angular lines. This is room styling at its most exclusive, and many designers specify nothing else for their projects.
Seeing is believing for this product range – it is difficult to appreciate the stunning visual look just from a photograph, but trust us, you won’t be disappointed!
More advice on contemporary cornice
If you need any further advice we are more than happy to discuss your requirements with you – please call us on 020 8660 2854.
- Finished with a quality undercoat primer ready for painting
- Made from the toughest and lightest material (hardened, high-density polyurethane) that is superior to any other material, incl plaster
- Prices quoted are per 2m length (all measurements quoted are metric)
- “H” = Height (i.e max drop down wall), “P” = Projection across ceiling (all in cm’s)
- See our Accessories section for correct adhesives and tools to achieve the best installation
- Delivery is normally made within 2-3 working days. Carriage charges for UK mainland orders are £20 + VAT. Rates outside of mainland UK will need to be calculated based on consignment volume.
- Please make sure you order enough to cover wastage. See our FAQs covering this.
DON’T FORGET TO ALSO VIEW OUR COVING RANGE HERE
Collect your air miles on us – we now accept payments by American Express